Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Money for Nothing (NBA Remix)

Last night, Sadie Sloe Gin told me how excited she was for the upcoming NBA season. Though my cockels were thoroughly warmed, my heart was simultaneously breaking because I fear we will have no NBA season this year. I thought I would channel that heartbreak into a song...



I want myyyyyy, I want my NBA

Look at them owners, thats not the way you do it
Refuse to bargain with the NBPA
That ain't workin, come on Stern do it
Money for nothin if the players don't play

Owners are claiming the system is broken
Try to tell ya, we need to worry
Maybe stop handing out so many foolish deals
To lazy players like Eddy Curry

Chorus
Sadie said she's excited for the season
Had to tell her she'll have to waaaaaiiiiiitttt
We've got no Rondo, Baby or JO
We've got no KG, Paul or Raaaaaayyyyyy

The greedy owners can't take full blame for the lockout
Yeah buddy, the players are at fault
For getting out of shape when they get money
No motivation once it's in the vault

Chorus
Sadie said she's excited for the season
But the players are out on the streeeeeettttttt
We've got no Magic, Bulls, Mavs or Lakers
Can't get revenge on the friggin Heeeeeaaaaatttttt

Musical breakdown

Chorus
Sadie said she's excited for the season
But the season may never coooooommmmeee
May have to watch the NHL this year
May prefer to put a stick in my buuuuuuuuummmmmmm

They should have learned from the NHL
They should have known to make a change
Look at that Kobe, he' going off to the Orient

D-Will's out there, where's that? In Istanbul?
D-Rose and Chris Paul in the Philippines
KG ain't workin, and maybe he'll retire
Maybe the last time that he's ever seen

Chorus
Sadie said she's excited for the season
When it comes, we may never knooooowwww
I can't watch the NC double A
The play is weak and the action is sloooooowwwww

Listen here,
Get back to working on the new agreement
Where's the sense of urgency?
This ain't working, what are you guys doing?
If there's money for nothing then your fans will flee
Money for nothing (I want my, I want my) fans will flee (I want my NBA)
Money for nothing (I want my, I want my) fans will flee (I want my NBA)
Look at that look at that
Money for nothing (I want my, I want my) fans will flee (I want my NBA)
That ain't working

No comments:

Post a Comment